Cardinal Components is “your one stop sourcing shop”! We eliminate unnecessary supply chain complications for customer, while reducing their total landed cost for contract custom kitting services. We manage the customer’s Bill of Material (BOM) to gather multiple parts from various suppliers and create one customer-facing shippable final master kit.
Cardinal kitting services include customized and routine kits to fulfill a variety of OEM needs. Cardinal creates kits to send to OEMs for on-site production use, for OEMs to sell to their customers (after-market, add-ons, customization, etc.), or for order fulfillment to ship direct to customers.
Cardinal’s facility offers state-of-the-art product kitting & packaging (Flex production cells, Autobag® machines, Go/NoGo Scales, reusable thermoformed plastic trays, etc.) ability with additional value-add services of product assembly, warehousing, order fulfillment and world-class customer service.
When contracting a new kitting or packaging project to Cardinal, customers enjoy a comprehensive project engagement as follows:
- First stop, our new product review process. Includes a consultation/feedback with our customer and internal project signoff from Cardinal’s purchasing, operations and engineering teams.
- Cardinal’s purchasing team assumes and executes full sourcing responsibility for all components that make up the kit’s BOM.
- When moving BOM responsibility of a kit to Cardinal, our customers consolidate vendors, reduce inventory and increase cashflow.
- Operations and quality team completes a beta run to document and detail procedures that will assure the right kit sequencing, correct machines are being used and needed quality checks are in place to assure high-quality process repeatability.
- Last stop, our production team completes the kitting and packaging, and stocks for just-in-time Kanban delivery to meet our customer’s blanket order release schedule. Or if product need to be shipped to various locations, Cardinal can process multi-location order fulfillment.
Simplify! Reduce cost! Cut just one order, for just one final part number, and pay just one invoice. Cardinal has the capacity to take on more kitting services and contract packaging work; send us an RFQ today!